At EDGE Fall Protection, we pride ourselves in being able to provide you with the best product to fit your needs and applications. Therefore, we also offer both 3” and 4” SlowStop® Horseshoe Bollards that offer twice the stopping power of a single rebounding bollard. The horseshoe bollard systems can be easily installed without needing to core large holes into the existing concrete. We also offer Ironflex column protectors and pallet rack end guards.
Benefits of SlowStop® Horseshoe Bollards and Column Protectors
- Installation of horseshoe bollards is simple. It can be accomplished with common tools in less than an hour.
- Vehicle accidents are less likely to result in injury as impact is softened during collision.
- Collisions with rebounding horseshoe bollards results in less damage to both the vehicle and bollard compared to traditional bollards.
- If damage does occur to horseshoe bollards, the modular design allows replacement of damaged parts without re-pouring concrete.
- Rebounding bollards can be relocated without filling large holes in concrete or chipping away old concrete.
Available Horseshoe Bollards and Covers (Sleeve Protection)
The 3” IronFlex Horseshoe Bollards are made of two rebounding bollard bases and connected via the IronFlex system. The tandem set-up offers increased stopping power. It stops 5,000 pounds at 3.8 mph without damage.
Similarly, the 4” IronFlex Horseshoe Bollards are useful for heavier applications. It can stop 5,000 pounds at 4.8 mph without damage.
IronFlex Column Protectors are an ideal bollard sleeve to protect a structural column. The standard 4” bollard guard can withstand 7,868 lbs of force. It can stop 5,000 lbs moving at almost 7 mph without damage.
The 3” IronFlex Pallet Rack End Guards are designed to protect pallet racks from forklift damage without incurring any damage themselves. The 3” guard is best used for standard forklift protection and heavy pallet jack traffic.
Similarly, the 4” IronFlex Pallet Rack End Guard is also useful to protect pallet racks from damage. It is ideal for heavy forklift traffic.
Horseshoe Bollards and Sleeve Specifications
|3” IronFlex Horseshoe Bollard||4” IronFlex Horseshoe Bollard||IronFlex Column Protectors||3” IronFlex Rack Protectors||4” IronFlex Rack Protectors|
|Bollard Diameter||2.88”||4.00”||All sizes available||2.88”||4”|
|Width||36”||36”||Variable||34”, 36”, 42”, or 48”||34”, 36”, 42”, 48”, or 60”|
|Weight||97 lbs||123 lbs||Variable||90 lbs||140-190 lbs|
|Energy Absorption||3,240 joules or
|5334 joules or
|Variable||3,240 joules or
|5,334 Joules or