When fall protection needs to be used but not seen, the 360 Mobile Hide-a-Rail is the system to use. Our free-standing collapsible guardrail allows our fall protection system to be completely out of sight when not in use. Simply fold down the railing system when not in use. The one way pivot system allows rail to easily fold back up when individuals need to perform work in a safe manner.
Collapsible Non-Penetrating Safety Rail System
The 360 Hide-A-Rail Mobile Collapsible Safety Rail system is a cost effective OSHA compliant guardrail system that is designed for flat roof fall protection of leading edge fall hazards of all types. This collapsible non-penetrating safety railing system utilizes cast iron bases and steel guardrails that have a durable powder coated or hot-dipped galvanized finish to eliminate fall hazards by providing a passive protection barrier for employees, contractors, and construction workers who are exposed to leading edges greater than 42”.
Features of the 360 Hide-A-Rail Collapsible Guardrail System
- The 360 Hide-A-Rail Collapsible Guardrail System is a completely non-penetrating Safety Rail system that has been independently certified and tested to meet all OSHA Fall Protection regulations and standards for guardrail, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500-1926.503.
- Collapsible guardrail enables rooftops to maintain desirable sightlines.
- Prefabricated sized rail sections means that installation is simple and quick.
- 42” top-rail and 21” mid-rail safety rail are available in 1 foot increments ranging between 2 feet to 10 feet to meet your exact requirements.
- Fully Compliant with the Buy American Act – All of our material is 100% made in the USA.
- American Welding Society Certified Welders to ensure the best products and highest quality.
- Complimentary CAD drawings available upon request for simple installation and customized requirements.
- Designed as a permanent flat or metal roof fall protection guardrail at leading edges, skylights, and roof hatches, but can also be used as a temporary fall protection solution at construction sites, excavation sites, mezzanines, rail or ship yards, confined work areas, or shipping and receiving areas.
Simple Flat Roof Fall Protection Installation
The 360 Hide-A-Rail Mobile Safety Rail System was specifically designed for comprehensive leading edge fall protection and exceptionally simple installation. Place our durable bases next to the fall hazard, insert the sized rail sections into one of the (4) receiving posts located at each base, and then a carbon, zinc plated, pin slides into a pre-drilled hole to secure the system. This process is repeated until the end of the run where a outrigger or “kicker” is placed at a 90 degree angle from the leading edge. This ensures our system meets required OSHA load tests throughout the entirety of the system. See our installation sheet here!
Other Installation Notes
- Quick installation – 150’ – 250’ per hours with two people!
- Absolutely ZERO penetrations required – no drilling, or mechanical connection to the substrate.
- A permanent solution to your fall protection concerns.
Specifications for the 360 Mobile Hide-A-Rail Collapsible Safety Rail
Non-Penetrating 360 Mobile Hide-A-Rail Railing System: Provide EDGE Fall Protection LLC’s 360 Mobile Hide-A-Rail Safety Rail System. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; TF/Fax: 844-314-1374. www.edgefallprotection.com. System is a collapsible non-penetrating freestanding pedestrian egress barrier system on roof, including railing sections, weighted base plates and accessories in the configuration and locations indicated on the Drawings.
- Product: 360 Mobile Hide-A-Rail Collapsible Safety Rail System.
- System top and mid rail provided in accordance with OSHA Standards – 29 CFR 1910.23 (a)(2).
- Structural Load: 200 lb (90.7 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components in accordance with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1926.502.
- Height: 42 inches (1067 mm), minimum.
- Railings: 1-5/8 inch (41 mm) O.D. hot rolled pickled electric weld tubing, free of sharp edges and snag points. Capable of folding onto the flat ground to be out of sight.
- Mounting Bases: 104# Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Rubber pads are standard on bottom of bases.
- Receiver Posts: Provided with a positive pin locking system into base and rail interface that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Receiver posts shall have drain holes.
- Rail Accessories:
- Toe Board Brackets.
- Finishing Rail: D-shaped railing extension for ladder landings, length of rail section and D-loop as indicated on the Drawings and as required.
- Securing Pins: 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and latch that connects to lynch pin.
- Roof Accessories:
- Roof Pads: Provide EPDM Roof Pad under each base to protect roof membrane.
- Base Mover: Provide Base Mover, Part #400062 two-wheeled steel cart to transport one base unit.
RELATED TOPICS: Flat roof fall protection, collapsible non-penetrating safety railing, folding guardrail, non-penetrating safety railing, collapsible guardrail