Freestanding Safety Rail System
The 360 Mobile Safety Rail system is a cost effective OSHA compliant guardrail system that is designed for flat roof edge protection, but can be utilized for leading edge fall protection hazards of all types. This freestanding safety rail system utilizes cast iron bases and powder coated safety yellow or galvanized steel guardrails to eliminate fall hazards by providing a passive protection barrier for employees, contractors, and construction workers who are exposed to leading edges greater than 42”.
Features of the 360 Mobile Freestanding Safety Rail System
- The 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is a completely non-penetrating guardrail system has been independently certified and tested to meet all OSHA Fall Protection regulations and standards for guardrail, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500-1926.503.
- Prefabricated steel guardrail sections means that installation is simple and quick.
- 42” top-rail and 21” mid-rail safety rail are available in 1 foot increments ranging between 2 feet to 10 feet to meet your exact requirements.
- Fully Compliant with the Buy American Act – All of our material is 100% made in the USA.
- American Welding Society Certified Welders to ensure the best products and highest quality.
- Complimentary CAD drawings available upon request for simple installation and customized requirements.
- Designed as a permanent flat roof fall protection guardrail at leading edges, skylights, and roof hatches, but can also be used as a temporary fall protection solution at construction sites, excavation sites, mezzanines, rail or ship yards, confined work areas, or shipping and receiving areas.
Simple Flat Roof Edge Fall Protection Installation
The 360 Mobile Safety Rail System was specifically designed for comprehensive leading edge fall protection and exceptionally simple installation. Place our durable bases next to the fall hazard, insert the sized rail sections into one of the (4) receiving posts located at each base, and then a carbon, zinc plated, pin slides into a pre-drilled hole to secure the system. This process is repeated until the end of the run where a outrigger or “kicker” is placed at a 90 degree angle from the leading edge. This ensures our system meets required OSHA load tests throughout the entirety of the system. See our installation sheet here!
Other Installation Notes
- Quick installation – 150’ – 250’ per hour with two people!
- Absolutely ZERO penetrations required – no drilling, or mechanical connection to the substrate.
- A permanent solution to your fall protection concerns.
Specifications for the 360 Mobile Safety Rail
Non-Penetrating Guardrail – 360 Mobile Safety Railing System: Provide EDGE Fall Protection LLC’s 360 Mobile Safety Rail System. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; TF/Fax: 844-314-1374. Website: www.edgefallprotection.com. System is a non-penetrating guardrail designed for flat roof edge protection that, includes railing sections, weighted base plates and accessories in the configuration and locations indicated on the Drawings.
- Product: 360 Mobile Safety Rail System.
- System top and mid rail provided in accordance with OSHA Standards – 29 CFR 1910.23 (a)(2).
- Structural Load: 200 lb (90.7 kg), minimum, in any direction to all components in accordance with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1926.502.
- Height: 42 inches (1067 mm), minimum.
- Railings: 1-5/8 inch (41 mm) O.D. hot rolled pickled electric weld tubing, free of sharp edges and snag points.
- Mounting Bases: 104# Class 30 gray iron material cast with four receiver posts. Rubber pads are standard on bottom of bases.
- Receiver Posts: Provided with a positive pin locking system into base and rail interface that allow rails to be mounted in any direction. Receiver posts shall have drain holes.
- Rail Accessories: OPTIONAL
- Toe Board Brackets.
- Finishing Rail: D-shaped railing extension for ladder landings, length of rail section and D-loop as indicated on the Drawings and as required.
- Securing Pins: 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of collared pin and latch that connects to lynch pin.
- Roof Accessories: OPTIONAL
- Roof Pads: Provide EPDM Roof Pad under each base to protect roof membrane.
- Base Mover: Provide Base Mover, Part #400062 two-wheeled steel cart to transport one base unit.
RELATED TOPICS: freestanding safety rail system, non-penetrating guardrail, flat roof edge protection, galvanized steel railing, leading edges,