Our industrial removable safety railings have been designed for simple and easy installation and use. Our three removable railing brackets: Flush Removable Bracket, Face Removable Bracket, and Floor Mount Removable Bracket, incorporate sized rail sections that can be secured by either a securing pin or set screw.
This removable guardrail system gives the protection of a permanent CAL-OSHA or OSHA-compliant industrial safety rail, with the flexibility of removing the safety railing, if necessary. This bracket and railing option is ideal for mezzanines, loading docks, shipping pits, crowd control, and access control. Our industrial removable safety railings come in a powder-coated safety yellow, galvanized, or powder-coated safety yellow over the galvanized finish.
Advantages of the Removable Safety Railing System
- While so many safety rail systems accomplish their objective of OSHA-compliant fall protection, they can also be impeding for employees’ work. The flexibility provided by EDGE Fall Protection’s removable safety railings allow employees and contractors to be safe, but also get work completed when pallets need to get moved, construction needs to take place, or flatbeds must be unloaded. Our removable guardrail system will be exactly what you need.
- Simplicity is key for us at EDGE Fall Protection. Our brackets are installed quickly and easily into substrates via fasteners, then our sized rail sections (available standard in foot increments) slide into place and are quickly secured.
- Unlike most safety rail systems, EDGE Fall Protection’s removable railing system is 100% made in the USA and finished with either a hot-dipped galvanized finish or powder-coated finish to ensure the highest quality and the best protection for your employees. In addition, all fabrication of the material is made by American Welding Society certified welders.
Picking the Best Removable Railing Brackets
Our three different brackets allow our customers to pick the best solution for their specific application.
Face Mount Removable Railing Bracket
The Face Mount bracket with our prefabricated handrails are going to work well when mounting on an I-beam, an existing mezzanine work platform, loading dock or leading edge that has an existing steel L bracket that you would prefer not to remove.
While this is all a standard product to allow for an effective cost per lineal foot, we can easily customize our powder-coated safety yellow or galvanized steel railings to ensure our system works with your application. We can also create extension brackets to extend the receiving slots a few inches and mount them to an existing I-beam.
Flush Mount Removable Railing Bracket
The Flush Mount bracket ensures uniform installation without having to measure vertical distances as precisely. Make sure the Flush Mount brackets are spaced appropriately to insert our prefabricated handrail with ease, but your existing leading edge corner allows for simple placement of the bracket while maintaining the benefit of the removable guardrail system.
Floor Mount Removable Railing Bracket
The Floor Mount bracket is best used when utilizing an elevated area that needs periodic removable of the prefabricated handrails or when using our steel guardrail system for limiting access. Plenty of locations need a removable guardrail system just to ensure employees are not accessing dangerous areas, but material needs to travel through these areas in certain instances.
The Floor Mount Bracket may be perfect for guarding brake presses, laser cutters, powder coating lines, conveyor belts, or any number of other manufacturing equipment. You can read more about our floor-mounted railings here.
You can also incorporate our pit rail removable safety railing with one of our gate-related safety products: Vertical Mezzanine Safety Gate, Horizontal Mezzanine Safety Gate, Pallet Gate, Self-closing Safety Gate, or our Industrial Loading Dock Gate!
Industrial Removable Safety Railings Specifications
Permanent Fall Protection Guardrail System: You can also provide a permanent guardrail system.
The system is a removable or fixed pedestrian egress barrier system, including pipe railings, uprights, mounts, accessories, and fittings in the configuration and locations indicated on the drawings.
- Product: Permanent Guardrail System.
- Height: 42 inches (1067 mm), and 48 inches (1219 mm).
- Railings: 1-5/8 inch (41 mm) O.D. hot rolled pickled electric weld tubing, free of sharp edges and snag points.
- Mounting Bases: Available as single and double post mounts.
- Receiver Posts: Provided with a positive pin locking system securing railing into mounting plates. Receiver posts shall have drain holes.
- Rail Accessories:
- Securing Pins: 1010 carbon steel, zinc plated and yellow chromate dipped. Pins shall consist of a collared pin and latch that connects to lynchpin.
Safety Railing FAQ:
The Benefits of Removable Safety Railings in the Workplace to Protect People
Safety in the workplace has never been more important. Business owners are one catastrophe away from their entire operation coming under siege because of a safety mishap. The arrival of the Internet meant that news, both good and bad, traveled way faster than it ever had. This means if something goes wrong on your job site, you can be sure the public will know about it quicker than you can spin yourself into damage control.
Fortunately, there are plenty of business owners can do to make sure their employees are safe in the workplace. There are quick, easy, and affordable solutions for all of the potential safety issues that can come up when getting your job site up to acceptable codes and regulations. We help companies protect people while also meeting the OSHA standard.
Who Needs to Use Removable Safety Railings?
A removable railing system is a MUST for any business, shipping warehouse, loading dock, and other workplaces of the like.
When do I Need a Removable Guardrail System? It’s common sense to assume you’ll need some sort of railing safety anywhere an employee or visitor could potentially fall from. In fact, falls are among the most common causes of work-related injuries and death. OSHA goes into a bit more detail on when you’re actually required to provide some sort of railing safety:
- Guard every floor hole into which a worker can accidentally walk by use of a railing and toeboard or a floor hole cover.
- Provide a guardrail and toeboard around every open-sided platform, floor or runway that is 4 feet or higher off the ground or next level.
- Regardless of height, if a worker can fall into or onto dangerous machines or equipment (such as a vat of acid or a conveyor belt), employers must provide guardrails and toeboards to prevent workers from falling and getting injured.
Why Do I Need a Removable Safety Railing?
Some business owners think they can simply “get by” putting some sort of temporary barrier in place to stop accidents from happening. Not only is this untrue, but it could lead to some potentially catastrophic consequences for both the employee, the business owner, and the business itself.
Legal Consequences – If a worker takes a bad fall on your watch, you can bet there will be some severe legal consequences that you, as the business owner, will have to answer to. This can be something as small as a workman’s comp claim, but can go above and beyond that to include unsafe working environment, back pay, and even wrongful death. You could spend months upon years tied up in court for an accident that was easily preventable.
Financial Consequences – With legal issues come financial troubles, we know those lawyers aren’t cheap! Chances are you’ll have to not only foot the bill for your legal expense, but the expense of the worker that got injured as well. Not to mention the lost time and efficiency on the job itself – resulting in lost revenue for you and your organization.
Damaged Reputation – Remember the internet we mentioned before? There’s zero doubt that if a worker gets hurt on the job because of negligence, the customers will be hearing about it. Information travels faster than it ever did, which means an accident that used to be able to be kept somewhat quiet is now completely out there for the public to see. A damaged reputation is a tough thing for many businesses to come back from – you’ll not only be impacted in the short term, but the long term as well.
What to Look for When Buying a Removable Safety Railing System and Handrail?
Obviously, you’ll want something that’s going to get the job done and, ultimately, keep everyone safe. Aside from that though, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration when you’re browsing potential options.
OSHA Compliant – Any sort of prefabricated handrails you’re installing should be OSHA compliant. Without this, you may as well have nothing in place, as OSHA will never clear you on inspection and you’ll be on the receiving end of citations – costing you time and money in the process. Here’s what OSHA outlines for compliance, straight from their website:
- The top edge height of top rails, or equivalent guardrail system members, are 42 inches (107 cm), plus or minus 3 inches (8 cm), above the walking-working surface.
- Midrails are installed at a height midway between the top edge of the guardrail system and the walking-working surface.
- Guardrail systems are capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of at least 200 pounds applied in a downward or outward direction within 2 inches (5 cm) of the top edge, at any point along the top rail.
Ease of Installation – You don’t want to be counterproductive when it comes to wasting time on an installation, and there are plenty of options that will not only do the job, but make sure it’s completed efficiently. Look for something that can be installed quickly and easily into substrates via fasteners. Also, ask about installation in a confined space.
Flexibility – Safety is your top priority, but how does safety impact your production? The last thing you want is a removable safety railing system that clogs up the flow of work or turns something as simple as pallet unloading into a multi-hour process. Look for a removable safety railing system that can be easily moved and adjusted as needed.
We looked at dozens of different removable safety railing options, but the only one that checked all of our boxes was EDGE Fall Protection’s removable safety railing. EDGE’s model allows the flexibility that many other safety rail systems do not, which saves you time and money in the process. Our safety railing system is easily installed – a few hours and you’re up and running with little to no hassle. One of the nicest things we found with the EDGE 360 model is that not only is it OSHA compliant, but it also meets all of the rigorous standards that CAL-OSHA requires for compliance – a welcome addition that so many other models did not have. It’s clear that the EDGE Fall Protection removable safety railing is the best value for workplace safety.
We have safety products to help protect people from any fall hazard. Ask about other solutions including roof hatch, protective safety barrier, warning line precaution, parapet walls, and also protection on uneven walkways.