EDGE Fall Protection’s Tether Track Free Standing Swing Arm System provides a versatile and adaptable fall protection solution for work areas needing circular or semi-circular coverage. This system has a 360-degree arm rotation and wall mounted, column mounted, or free standing designs are available. The swing arm can swing out when it is needed and then swing back out of the way when it is not in use. The Tether Track Swing Arm Fall Arrest System is appropriate for applications which require access to an overhead crane, have limited available floor space, or when fall protection is needed on an infrequent basis.
EDGE’s Tether Track Free Standing Swing Arm System
Flexible Fall Safety Solution
This Tether Track Free Standing Swing Arm System provides coverage to a semicircular or circular fall zone with a compact footprint. The pivoting swing arms can be swung out of the way of overhead cranes or other equipment when the system is not in use. Standard swing arm lengths are from 8’ to 30’ with custom spans available upon request.
Safety and Mobility for Your Workers
The swing arm system design provides your workers mobility with a mobile rigid anchorage for the attachment of a lanyard or self-retracting lanyard (SRL). There’s easy movement with the enclosed track design. With the 2-degree taper of the enclosed track design, the trolley moves smoothly and remains centered over your worker, which creates a shorter fall distance and reduces the risk of swing fall injuries.
The effective track design can accommodate a single worker or multiple workers with a dual bypassing track allowing multiple workers to safely pass each other without disconnecting. This fall restraint equipment is designed for workers up to 310 lbs with tools when used with 900 lbs Maximum Arresting Force (MAF) energy-absorbing lanyards, properly rated full-body harnesses, and a connecting device.
Wall/Column Mount or Free Standing Design
Mount to an existing wall/column or to the floor in a free standing configuration. When your facility does not have an existing support structure or the support structure is inadequate, EDGE’s Tether Track Free Standing Swing Arm System can be provided. Also available in wall cantilever or wall bracket configurations, depending on headroom constraints.
Free Standing Swing Arm Fall Arrest System Includes:
Arm, Tether Track, Tether Trolley(s), free standing mast assembly and all necessary mounting hardware.
Standard Wall/Column Mount Swing Arm Fall Arrest System Includes:
Arm, Tether Track, Tether Trolley(s) and all necessary mounting hardware.
A multi-position friction brake for system positioning or motorized rotation is available. When using a swing arm for more than one worker, either the motorized or multi-position friction brake option is required. These options prevent excessive movement of the swing arm during a fall event and limits stresses in the swing arm and supporting structure.
Finishes for units include stainless steel, galvanized steel, or special finishes are available for your application requirements.
ANSI and OSHA Compliance
EDGE’s Tether Track Swing Arm Systems are designed by qualified engineers to meet the most current ANSI guidelines and comply with OSHA requirements for a fall arrest anchorage system. Our fall restraint equipment meets the OSHA 1926 Subpart M Construction Standard, ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code, and NIOSH guidelines.
Turnkey Installation by EDGE FP
While we are always happy to provide detailed installation instructions so you can get the job done in house, EDGE FP also offers turnkey installations on all of our systems. If you want to leave the details and concerns of proper setup, we’d be happy to send our team of professional installers directly to your job site or facility. We are ready to work anywhere in the USA!
Tether Track Free Standing Swing Arm Features
- Compact footprint providing circular or semicircular fall protection
- Swing arm can be positioned over your workspace when it is needed and moved out of the way when it is not in use.
- Standard arm length spans from 8’ to 30’ and custom spans are available upon request
- Track can accommodate one or multiple workers; dual bypassing track allows workers to safely pass each other without disconnecting
- Available in wall/column mounted or free standing designs
- Wall cantilever or wall bracket configurations are available based on headroom constraints
- Available multi-position friction brake for system positioning (required for multiple users)
- Motorized rotation available
- Anchor Trolley comes standard
- Can accommodate 310 lbs with tools when used with 900 lbs Maximum Arresting Force (MAF) energy absorbing lanyards, properly rated full-body harness and connecting device.
- Designed to meet the OSHA 1926 Subpart M Construction standard, ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code, and NIOSH guidelines