EDGE Fall Protection’s Ranger Fall Arrest and Restraint System is a mobile fall protection anchor system designed for a single worker. With its sleek, compact design, this portable fall arrest and restraint system effectively provides a mobile anchorage point, is easy to position and erect. The mobile fall protection anchor is perfect for setting up in areas where periodic maintenance and related tasks are needed, particularly on large pieces of equipment that do not have a reliable option for tie-off.
EDGE’s Ranger Fall Arrest and Restraint System
Durability and Stability
Constructed with durable steel and a resilient finish, this system has a 2-inch ball coupler which is adjustable in height and attaches easily to trucks or other towing devices. Heavy-duty steel outriggers with large diameter feet provide superior stabilization.
Accessible Components at Ground Level
All components are accessible at ground level for ease in adjusting. A bubble aids in leveling. An automatic locking spring pin indicates when the mast is fully deployed and an automatic over center locking hinge provides additional safety. A large storage box is on the body of the unit and allows for full access to controls and storage. This storage box is lockable and conveniently stores harnesses, self-retracting lanyards, and taglines.
The mast fully extends to 18 ft, 20 ft, or 22 ft in height to address a wide variety of jobs. For use in tight environments, the mast extends in a direct path. The mast is powered by a 12V battery and electromechanical actuator and is controlled using the included pendant or included 915 Hz remote. This allows for the mast to be raised and lowered smoothly and quickly without concern about hydraulic fluid leakage.
A single worker uses a full body harness and self-retracting lifeline with this Ranger mobile anchor for a complete, portable fall arrest system. At the tip of the mast, there is a pivoting D-ring for quick attachment of a self-retracting lanyard. This pivoting D-ring allows one user to move freely within a 30-degree work angle in all directions from the anchor point.
Ranger Base Model vs Road Ranger Model
EDGE’s Ranger base model includes integral fork pockets for smooth loading and unloading during transport or general movement with a forklift. As a result, this model can be conveniently loaded via its forklift pockets onto a trailer for short or long-haul travel. There is a hinged tow bar which conveniently folds out of the way. There is also a stowaway dolly for a single user to position the Ranger base model. The Ranger base model has a maximum towing speed of 25 mph, so it is not rated for highway towing. This Ranger base model is designed for periodic maintenance and related activities on large equipment inside a factory facility or outside around the facility.
EDGE’s Road Ranger model has a bigger frame, a suspension system for road travel, trailer lights, and highway safety features as compared to the Ranger base model. The Road Ranger model can be towed on the highway at speeds up to 65 mph. This Ranger mobile anchor is designed for an on-the-go company. This model does not come with the integral fork pockets, tow bar, or stowaway dolly.
Safety Standards and Requirements
EDGE’s Ranger Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint Systems satisfy OSHA fall protection and ANSI Z359.6 design requirements for fall arrest systems.
Ranger Fall Arrest and Restraint System Features
- Positions easily with mast in folded position or deployed fully
- Extends to 18, 20, or 22 feet in height for a wide variety of jobs
- Rugged steel construction and components
- Resilient finish to withstand harsh indoor or outdoor conditions
- Integral outriggers for firm support (manual ratcheting outrigger system)
- One worker allowed
- Maximum work angle from anchor point: 30 degrees
- Maximum capacity: 310 lbs
- Road Ranger model has a total weight of 3,120 lbs; Ranger base model has a total weight of 2,685 lbs
- Road Ranger model dimensions when towed: Length 16’2”, Height 6’7”, width 6’3”; Ranger base model dimensions when towed: Length 15’3”, Height 6’6”, width 5’6”
- Road Ranger dimensions when set up: Length 15’ (excluding reach), Width with outriggers extended 11’11”; Ranger base dimensions when set up: Length 11’ (excluding reach), Width with outriggers extended 11’
- Road Ranger model rated for highway towing up to 65 mph; Ranger base model has a maximum towing speed of 25 mph and is not rated for highway towing
- Meets OSHA fall protection codes and ANSI Z359.6 design requirements for fall arrest systems
Have questions? Reach out to our team for custom safety and edge protection solutions tailored to your needs.