The Dangers of Skylights
While domed skylights provide character to the interior of buildings and natural light, they also pose a serious fall hazard for those working on the rooftop. OSHA actually makes no distinction between holes and unguarded skylights, therefore requiring the skylight either be designed to meet a required load test, or some guarding is provided to protect workers in the event of a fall. Please don’t overlook unprotected skylights on your rooftop, and ensure those on the rooftop are safe by supplying our Skylight Screen, Skyview Skylight Guardrail, or Skyguard Skylight cage.
Skylight Fall Protection Screen
The Skylight Screen is the most economical solution to skylight safety issues. The screens for skylights are made of galvanized mesh with compression channels on either end of the skylight making it a completely non-penetrating skylight screen and both OSHA and CALOSHA compliant. Our durable skylight fall protection screens are made in the USA and ship quickly from our warehouse.
Skylight Protection System Installation – Skylight Screens
As always, EDGE Fall Protection does our best to keep things simple and easy to install our flat roof skylight screens, requiring just a few steps to be OSHA compliant.
- Gather materials and align the (2) aluminum extrusion channels on either end of the unguarded domed skylight.
- Affix the 4″ x 4″ galvanized mesh screen into the receiving channels on either end of the aluminum extrusions.
- Slide the supplied rod on the outside ends of the aluminum extrusions, and tighten on either side for a compression fit on the curb mounted skylight.
- Inspect visually for conformity.
Skylight Screen Specification
Skyview Skylight Screens: Provide non-penetrating Skylight Screen System for dome shaped skylights, in the configuration and locations indicated on the drawings by EDGE Fall Protection, LLC, located in Minneapolis, MN. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org TF/F: 844-314-1374 Website: www.edgefallprotection.com.
- Skylight Protection System is placed over the top of the skylight and has compression fit against the skylight curb to hold it in place.
- Skylight Protection System meets federal OSHA guidelines and also complies with CalOSHA guidelines.
Focus Keywords: Skylight screen, domed skylight, skylight screen system, skylight protection system, galvanized mesh, curb mounted skylight, skylight safety, skylight fall protection screen